Friday, July 31, 2009

We Made It!

Here's a first: I woke up FREEZING in Africa! When we got to our hotel last night, Alicia wasn't feeling too great after 24 hours in airports and on airplanes. She cranked the little A/C unit in our hotel room in Accra and it blasted out cold air all night . . . she's going to be in for a rude awakening when we leave the hotel in an hour or so.

The flights were good, on time, and not too much turbulence. Mia became the new record holder for fastest proposal! We hadn't been on Ghanaian soil for fifteen minutes before an airport worker asked Alicia (the elder -- hahaha) for permission to marry Mia. She held up her left hand and wiggled her fingers. That's her grandpa's old wedding band on the all-important finger, but no one here needs to know that. :)

We're going to grab some breakfast and take off, but just wanted to let everyone know we're safe!

5 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are posting when you have time! Sorry I missed your send off! You are all in my prayers! Hug the little ones for me too! Darcy

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you safely arrived!!!!! I am sure that you are extremely excited! Have a blast hugging all of those little cutie pies! We will keep you in our parayers! Take care!

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mia, please don't bring back a husband. Thank you for calling at 2am to let us know you arrived, I'm not being sarcastic, it made me feel great. Can't wait to see your cell bill. Hope you are all doing well, your are in our prayers.

Love you. Dad.

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss all of you. I want to know about everything.
I sat with Jeff in church Sunday and he gave me all the updates.
You are in our prayers. Alicia I called your house the other day and left a message.
Gods blessdings.

Molly

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Mia - Happy Papa's wedding band is keeping you out of trouble. Enjoy your adventure, love all the children & keep us posted. Our prayers are with you. Love to you, Tiffany & Alicia. Nana Phyl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home