Thursday, August 17, 2006

Alive & Well in Ghana!

Better than well -- fantastic!! Thanks for your prayers -- I'm seriously feeling the effects of them! My health is back to normal, I'm living in a palace (by Africa standards!), and the kids at the orphanage are great! So far I've supervised a mass coloring session, held babies (diapers here leave a lot to be desired -- I've already had two diapers leak on me -- so gross! -- sorry to disappoint you, Mom and all the women at church who keep pressuring me, but this is not making me want to have any anytime soon!), taught guitar lessons to a very eager & faithful 16-year-old named Isaac, gone to a boys Bible study (it meets weekly and is moving up to a sex talk . . . should be interesting!), played lots of rounds of Go Fish with a paralyzed 11-yr-old, and, the best part yet, worshipped with the youth group. Sanctuary was the only song I recognized, but it was awesome to hear them sing and see their passion for God. So things are going great! Internet access isn't widely available, but I'll do my best to check in as often as possible. Thanks again for all the prayers!
Love,
Tiffany

5 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiff-
Remembering you and all the children in our prayers...confident that your smile will spread to them, and theirs to you!!! Can't wait to see you in person and revel in your stories!!!

love,
s, a and m

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I left a comment somewhere else. I don't really know where it went. I just wanted to say that we're glad you're feeling better and we knew you'd get right into the thick of things. Diapers! yes, I learned......
Prayers are always with you.
Wini and crew

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Tiffany! We are so proud of your good work - or is it God's work! You remain in our prayers! Darcy & Bill

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tiffany! I'm keeping the Carlson family updated. Everyone says hello and take care of yourself. I'm happy to hear that your are feeling better. It sounds like you are having a once in a lifetime experience. We can't wait to see pictures when you get home! I know you are going to bring the children so much joy with that sparkling personality of yours. :) You are in our prayers. Take care, Jill and Mike

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiffany -
SO glad to hear you're doing well. It sounds awesome! Praying for you often.

love,
Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home